The SCC Pastoral Care offers healing and hope for those facing life's challenges. Biblical life direction sessions, food pantry, marriage ministry, and grief care are just a few examples of Pastoral Care.
Pastors are available at the conclusion of each Service to answers questions & pray. A Pastor would be glad to speak with you and will be at the front of the Worship Center each service.
The SCC Grief Share group is led by Pastor Maryse Blacher and is for people grieving the death of a family member or friend. You’ll gain access to valuable GriefShare resources to help you recover from your loss and look forward to rebuilding your life.
Pastoral Care also oversees new church member classes, infant dedications, weddings and funerals.
Are You Looking To Get Married at SCC?
Uniting a man and woman in holy matrimony who share a personal relationship with Jesus Christ is a sacred ceremony. As such, it is not only a great honor for us to perform the marriage ceremony but it is also a great responsibility before God. Wonderful personalized wedding services can be conducted here at Southtowns Christian Center based upon four requirements.
1. Acknowledge and acceptance of Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior
2. Living pure and in separate residences.
3. Six month regular attendance at Southtowns Christian Center prior to the wedding date.
4. Completion of a 2 part premarital class at Southtowns Christian Center.
Infant and Child Dedication
The voluntary dedication of infants and children to the Lord (prior to the age of reason) is a wonderful and sacred event. It is a great honor for us to conduct this ceremony but it also carries with it an awesome responsibility as well. Infant and child dedication ceremonies can be conducted here at Southtowns Christian Center based upon three requirements:
1. Parents acknowledgement and acceptance of Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior.
2. Parents have regularly attended Southtowns Christian Center for 6 months prior to the dedication date.
3. Parents presenting the children for dedication are legally married as man and wife. (We recognize that situations occur where single parents may desire to dedicate their children to the Lord. These situations will be evaluated on an individual bases.)
** Southtowns Christian Center does not perform infant water baptism. SCC will perform water baptism for children who have attained the age of reason with proper instruction and who voluntarily request it.